A listing of my less technical skills and development methodologies that I wasn’t sure where else to put.
I have never worked anywhere that implemented any of the agile methodologies fully. But I have worked with several of the techniques found in Scrum and XP, including:
- Pair programming
- Continuous integration
- Sprint based development
- Test driven development
- Collecting and writing user stories
Public speaking, especially educating a group on a topic is a lot of fun to me. Here is a list of places I’ve spoken or ran sessions
- I was the co-organizer of PDX Node for a couple years.
- I spoke on a number of topics from library introductions, to code refactoring, to hardware hacking.
- Ran the hack night and hardware hacking sessions.
- Helped put together and mentor at multiple NodeSchool sessions.
- I gave my first conference talk at NodePDX. It was on using Redis Pub/Sub in node.js.
- PDX Python (Most recent to oldest)
- Building Distributed Systems with Redis and Pub/Sub
- inspect (lightning talk)
- dis (lightning talk)
- baker (lightning talk)
- Using bpython
- Barcamp Portland 2012
- Co-ran a session on building distributed systems had people writing services for ZenIRCBot in the session to show how easy it is.